A past Christmas present for my brother who is quite difficult to buy for was a jar full of chocolate covered marzipan balls on cake pop sticks. Decorated with christmas trees and snowmen on cocktail sticks and Christmas sprinkles.
As this was made way before I had my blog I don’t have a better picture.
But these are very simple to make and he ate most of them Christmas morning whilst we were opening each other’s gifts. It has been known for him to be given a full packet of marzipan which he will open and eat immediately!
And I think they looked adorable.
What you need:
- Jar to present them in, mine came from IKEA.
- Cake pop sticks.
- Christmas sprinkles and or other decorations.
- One Christmas muffin liner to line the bottom of the jar.
- Chocolate of your choice melted.
- Ribbon to decorate your jar.
- With clean hand break small bits of marzipan off and roll into balls and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Dip one end of a cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and into a marzipan ball.
- Once they are all done pop them into the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Check the chocolate is still of a runny consistency, if not then melt further. Using a double boiler I find better than microwaving the chocolate but do what ever you prefere.
- Once the sticks are set in the marzipan, dip each one into the melted chocolate and coat.
- Then allow to set, either insert the sticks into polystyrene to stand or use grease proof paper and plonk them down with the sticks upright, I done the latter.
- Then before the chocolate sets sprinkle over the Christmas sprinkles and allow to set completely.
- Once fully set place them all into your decorated jar carefully and seal.